Skip to content
Sweet Potato and Fig Jam Grilled Cheese
- 1 sweet potato (about 1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup fig jam
- 8 ounces Emmi Le Gruyère® AOP Cheese
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Peel potato and slice into 1/4 inch thick slices. Toss with oil, sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Place in single layer on parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes or until tender.
- Spread fig jam over one side of each slice of bread. Divide sweet potatoes and Le Gruyère slices evenly between sandwiches. Top with remaining slices of bread.
- Lightly coat outside of each sandwich with butter. Fry in skillet for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until cheese is melted and outside is golden. Serve immediately.