Thyme and Gruyere Potato Stacks
Crisp on the edges, soft in the center, stuffed with Le Gruyère AOP, and seasoned with just the right amount of thyme...and flaky salt.
- 4 Idaho potatoes, cut into 1/8 inch thick slices
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 cup grated Le Gruyère AOP cheese
- Cut the potatoes using a mandoline.
- In a medium bowl, toss together the potatoes, thyme, butter, salt and pepper. Add the cheese and toss again. Layer the potatoes evenly among the prepared muffin tin, stacking the layers all the way to the top. The potatoes will shrink down as they cook.
- Cover with foil and place on a baking sheet. Transfer to the oven and roast for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and continue cooking another 15-20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender and golden. Serve immediately, sprinkled with a little sea salt.