Homemade mac and cheese has never been easier with Emmi Fondü. Make a sophisticated dinner in 15 minutes with this 5-ingredient Fondue Mac and Cheese with Gruyère. Start with your favorite pasta noodles cooked al dente. From there, add a little butter and Emmi ready-to-serve Fondü to create an instant cheese sauce. Season with a little nutmeg, or your spice of choice – cayenne pepper, freshly ground black pepper or rosemary would be wonderful. Finish with a sprinkle of Emmi Le Gruyère AOP for extra cheesiness.
Emmi Fondü has been a favorite of cheese lovers for decades. That’s because craft it with premium swiss cheeese, wine and spices for unforgettable flavor and perfectly creamy texture every time. When we aren’t serving it in our favorite fondue pot with accompaniments for dipping, we put it to work as a time saving dinner shortcut. Imagine a rich, complex cheese sauce for pasta dishes, veggies and more – ready in seconds!
That’s what makes Emmi Fondü the perfect base for this simple Fondue Mac and Cheese with Gruyère. For this version, we’ve added a sprinkle of Emmi Le Gruyère AOP as the finishing touch. Because more cheese is almost always the answer.
Try pairing this Fondue Mac and Cheese with Gruyère with your favorite white wine or sparkling cider.
Fondue Mac and Cheese with Gruyère
- 1 pound pasta
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 14-ounce package Emmi Fondü
- 4 ounces Emmi Le Gruyère AOP, shredded (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions for al dente.
- Strain pasta and return to pot over low heat. Add butter and mix to incorporate. Add Emmi Fondü and gently mix until mixture is melted and coats the pasta. Stir in nutmeg. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Serve immediately topped with shredded Gruyère.