Skip to content
Jambon and Gruyère Rotolo
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) Emmentaler cheese, shredded
- 1 cup (4 ounces) Kaltbach Le Gruyère AOP cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) ricotta cheese, drained
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- Dash of hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- 1 pound prepared pizza dough
- 1 stick (4 ounces) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 5 slices Black Forest ham
- Grease 12-inch cast iron skillet or prepare baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In bowl of food processor, combine Emmentaler and half of Gruyère cheese. Add ricotta, egg, nutmeg, hot sauce, salt and pepper. Process until well combined.
- On floured surface, roll out pizza dough into a long rectangle. Spread butter evenly over pizza dough. Spread cheese mixture onto dough. Add slices of ham. Carefully roll dough into long tube.
- Slice into 16 pieces and set cut side up in prepared skillet or pan.
- Cover with a clean dishtowel and proof for about 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 400F. Sprinkle remaining shredded Gruyère over rolls.
- Bake 20 minutes or until rolls are cooked through and lightly browned on top.