Mustard Greens Salad with Pecans, Apple & Le Gruyère®
By Award-winning chef Elizabeth Falkner
- For Vinaigrette:
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon wild flower honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons pecan oil, optional
- For Salad:
- 2 Mutsu or Golden Delicious apples, cut in 1/4-inch slices*
- 1/2 cup toasted pecan halves
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1 cup (4 ounces) Emmi Le Gruyère® AOP Cheese, cut in 1/4-inch slices or crumbled into chunks
- 3 cups mustard greens**
- For Vinaigrette: Whisk all ingredients for vinaigrette except olive and pecan oils, if using. Slowly add oil, continuing to whisk. Set aside.
- For Salad: Combine apples, pecans, cherries and Le Gruyère® cheese in salad bowl. Spoon in part of the vinaigrette, to moisten. Add additional salt, if desired, and toss. Divide mixture on 4 plates. Add mustard greens to salad bowl and toss lightly with small amount of vinaigrette. Pile greens over apple-cheese mixture and serve salads immediately.
- Recipe Notes: *You may substitute pears for apples
** You may substitute watercress or arugula or a mixture of greens.