Spinach Balls with Gruyère
Spinach Balls are a Midwestern classic, and we've updated them with nutty, Emmi Le Gruyère cheese for an extra special holiday treat.
- 16-ounce bag frozen spinach, thawed
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 1/2 cups dry stuffing mix (with seasonings)
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 cups (5-6 ounes) Emmi Le Gruyère cheese, shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat oven to 350F. Line a rimmed sheet pan with parchment paper; set aside.
- Squeeze out thawed spinach to remove excess moisture. Place in large bowl. Add chopped shallots, stuffing mix, butter, eggs, mustard, shredded Gruyère, salt and pepper. Use a wooden spoon or your hands to mix well.
- Form mixture into 1 1/2-inch balls and place on prepared baking sheet. Bake 12 minutes. Allow to cool slightly before serving.