Delicata Squash and Radicchio Risotto with Le Gruyère®
This comforting risotto is topped with brown butter, roasted squash, crispy sage and wilted radicchio. It gets a creamy flavor boost from delicious Emmi Le Gruyère® AOP.
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 5 Delicata squash, seeded and cut into large chunks
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 4-6 cups hot vegetable stock
- 1 cup packed, grated, Emmi Le Gruyère® AOP
- 1 handful of sage leaves
- Sunflower oil
- Leaves from 1 small head radicchio, in 2-inch pieces
- 1 squeeze of lemon
- Prepare the squash: Simmer the butter in a medium saucepan for 5 minutes until golden and nutty. Then place squash in a baking dish, toss with brown butter, and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and roast in a 400 degree oven for 20 minutes. Uncover and cook for an additional 10-20 minutes until squash is golden and tender.
- Prepare the risotto: Heat olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion and stir occasionally for 10 minutes until tender. Add garlic and rice, stir for 3 minutes.
- Add wine, stir occasionally until mostly absorbed.
- Add 1 cup of vegetable stock, stirring occasionally until it is mostly absorbed. Continue adding stock until rice is tender and creamy.
- Stir in Le Gruyère® AOP and season with salt and pepper.
- Prepare the garnish Heat a film of sunflower oil in a wide skillet. Add sage leaves and fry until crisp.
- Wilt radicchio in oil. Add lemon and season with salt and pepper. Serve together.