French Onion Soup Sliders with Raclette
Make room on your favorite comfort foods list for this savory burger inspired by a warming, welcoming soup.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, halved and sliced
- Balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/3 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 packet (2 ounces) onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 8 split slider buns
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- Sesame seeds, minced garlic and/or poppy seeds, for topping buns, optional
- Dijon mustard
- 16 ounces Emmi Raclette Cheese, divided
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in medium saucepan over medium-low. Add onions.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, 35 to 45 minutes, until golden and caramelized. If onions begin to burn, reduce heat to low. When onions are caramelized, add a splash of balsamic vinegar (about 1 tablespoon) to deglaze pan. Stir, scraping bottom of pan. Season with pinch of salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat oven to broil.
- In large bowl, combine ground beef, breadcrumbs, egg, onion soup mix, Worcestershire and tomato paste. Form into 8 hamburger patties about 1/2-inch thick. Fry patties in large sauté pan 3 to 4 minutes per side or until cooked to desired doneness.
- Place bun bottoms up and tops down on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Lightly brush bun surfaces with melted butter. Sprinkle tops with sesame seeds, minced garlic and/or poppy seeds, if desired. Place under broiler. Broil 1 to 2 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Remove bun tops from baking sheet. Spread each bun bottom with Dijon mustard, and top with arugula, one hamburger patty and 2 ounces Raclette cheese. Return to broiler; broil 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is melted. *Alternatively, you can use a Boska barbeclette to melt the Raclette; then add to each burger.
- To serve, top each burger with caramelized onions and place bun top over.