Radicchio Kale Salad Cups with Kaltbach Le Gruyère
These striking salad cups are a beautiful addition to any meal or appetizer spread. Hearty kale is tossed in a simple white wine vinaigrette with pickled beets and toasted hazelnuts. Kaltbach Le Gruyère AOP cheese is finely shredded and mixed into the salad, which is served in radicchio leaves. A finishing touch of additional large shreds of cheese makes them all the more enticing.
- 1 head radicchio
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 bunch curly kale
- ¼ cup pickled beets, chopped
- ½ cup hazelnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- 6 ounces Kaltbach Le Gruyère® AOP Cheese
- Wash radicchio and gently separate leaves for salad cups. Arrange on a baking sheet and cover with a damp towel while you prepare the salad.
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, honey and shallots. Slowly whisk in the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper; set aside.
- Wash kale thoroughly and remove leaves from the stems. Chop leaves into thin strips and place in a large bowl. Add dressing a few tablespoons at a time, massaging into kale leaves, until well dressed. Fold in chopped pickled beets and hazelnuts.
- Finely shred about 4 ounces of the cheese and fold into the kale mixture. Fill radicchio leaves with salad.
- With remaining cheese, use a vegetable peeler to shave large shreds over each salad cup. Serve immediately.