Cheese Stuffed Shells
Cheese…good. Pasta…good. Marinara sauce…good. Put it all together to make these cheese stuffed shells, and your lasagna recipe just got its latest rival! These jumbo pasta shells are stuffed with three types of cheese, baked with a marinara sauce until beautifully bubbly and served with fresh basil. They’re an easy vegetarian dinner to throw together that is definitely a family favorite!
- 8 ounce package jumbo pasta shells
- 16 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup Kaltbach Le Cremeux Cheese, divided
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 28 ounce jar marinara sauce
- Fresh basil for serving
- Preheat oven to 350°F degrees.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or a little less than al dente; drain and rinse with cold water.
- In a large bowl, combine ricotta, Kaltbach cheese, half the mozzarella cheese, egg, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Spread ¾ of the spaghetti sauce on the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Spoon the cheese mixture into the cooked shells and place in the baking dish. Pour remaining spaghetti sauce over shells and sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven uncovered for 30-35 minutes, until edges are bubbly and shells are slightly set.