Chocolate Gruyère Bark
Our traditional Le Gruyère has a nutty flavor that pairs wonderfully with chocolate. Topped with pieces of caramel corn, crushed pistachios, and candied ginger, this DIY Chocolate Gruyère Bark is the ultimate combination. It makes a major impact as part of a dessert cheese board or served on its own as the perfect salty-sweet bite to finish a meal.
- 10 ounces (2 5oz bloacks) Emmi Le Gruyère cheese
- 1/4 cup caramel corn
- 1/2 cup candied ginger
- 2 tablespoons crushed pistachios
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup (6 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- 4 ounces dark chocolate (optional)
- Line a rimmed sheet pan with parchment paper. Place wire baking rack on top and grease with cooking spray; set aside.
- Slice Gruyère into 1/4-inch triangles. Refrigerate sliced Gruyère while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Finely chop caramel corn and pistachios; set aside.
- Combine semi-sweet and milk chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat in 30-second increments, stirring after each, until chocolate is melted.
- Prepare a workspace with sliced Gruyère, melted chocolate, toppings, prepared sheet pan and a rubber spatula.
- Working quickly, dip the wide end of each Gruyère slice in the chocolate leaving 1/3 uncovered. Use the spatula to help spread chocolate onto each side. Carefully place on wire rack. Top with chopped caramel corn, crushed pistachios, and candied ginger. Set aside or refrigerate until chocolate is set.
- If desired, melt dark chocolate and use a spoon to drizzle over the dipped chocolate and toppings. Allow to set and chill, covered, until ready to serve.
- If you have extra melted chocolate and toppings, you can make additional chocolate bark to be served alongside cheese. Spread the melted chocolate onto the parchment paper and sprinkle with toppings. Chill until set; then break apart into pieces.