Creamy Pesto Gruyère Burger
Create decadent, mouthwatering burgers at home with this easy Gruyère pesto spread. Just three ingredients: Emmi Le Gruyère cheese, mayonnaise and prepared pesto. Pair with your preferred burger patties (beef, turkey, veggie, etc.) and favorite sides.
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded Emmi Le Gruyère cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2-3 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 4 burger patties
- 4 burger buns
- 1 large heirloom tomato, sliced
- Lettuce or spring mix for topping
- In medium bowl, combine shredded Gruyère, mayonnaise and pesto. Mix to combine and set aside.
- Cook burger patties on a grill, grill pan or skillet. One minute before removing patties, top each with 1-2 tablespoons Gruyère pesto mixture. Cover and cook 1 minute to melt. Remove from heat.
- Spread another 1-2 tablespoons Gruyère pesto mixture on bottom bun. Top with tomato slice, burger patty, lettuce and top bun. Serve immediately.