This decadent Fondue Burger with Pickle Slaw would be right at home on a trendy gastropub menu. With Emmi ready-to-serve Fondü, you can make it at home in a snap. We craft our popular Fondü with premium Swiss cheese, wine and spices for an authentic Swiss experience. All you have to do is heat and serve!
Start with the burger patty of your choice. Beef, turkey, veggie – even a grilled portobello mushroom – they’re all delicious topped with creamy, cheesy Emmi Fondü. Serve them on toasted buns with a generous helping of this easy pickle slaw. Pickles are a classic fondue pairing, and they add just the right amount of tanginess to the burger.
This Fondue Burger with Pickle Slaw is perfect for outdoor grilling. Pair it with your favorite beer or wine and a side of chips or tater tots. Cheese Lover Tip: If you have leftover fondue, drizzle it over chips or tater tots for a cheesy side dish.
Fondue Burger with Pickle Slaw
- 4 cups shredded cabbage (about 1 pound)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup spicy garlic pickles (or your favorite variety), chopped
- 1/4 cup pickle brine
- Black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, roughly chopped
- 4 burger patties
- 4 burger buns
- 1 14-ounce package Emmi ready-to-serve Fondü
- In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, red onion and chopped pickles. Add the pickle brine and a large pinch of salt; mix well.
- Adjust seasoning to taste. Depending on the pickle brine you use, you may want to add a little sweetness (1-2 teaspoons of sugar) or tanginess (1-2 teaspoons of vinegar). Fold in the chopped dill. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Cook burgers according to your preference. Toast buns if desired.
- Place Fondü in a sauce pot and slowly bring to a simmer over medium-low heat, stirring often. When Fondü is fully melted and creamy, assemble burgers. Start with the bottom burger bun, add a generous scoop of coleslaw. Top with burger and drizzle Fondü over the top. Serve immediately.