Fondue Mac and Cheese with Mushrooms
Treat yourself to a creamy batch of mac and cheese with a one-ingredient sauce thanks to Emmi ready-to-serve Fondü. Top it with buttery sautéed mushrooms for a meal that's ready in no time.
- 1 pound pasta
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Black pepper
- 1 14-ounce package Emmi Fondü
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions for al dente.
- As pasta cooks, prepare the mushrooms. Heat 1 tablespoon butter in skillet over medium-high heat. Add sliced mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Sauté until mushrooms release their liquid and are browned around the edges, about 5 minutes.
- Strain pasta and return to pot over low heat. Add 1 tablespoon butter and mix to incorporate. Add Emmi Fondü and gently mix until mixture is melted and coats the pasta. Stir in nutmeg. Top with sautéed mushrooms; serve immediately.