Green Goddess Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Spring-y Green Goddess Grilled Cheese Sandwiches! These verdant beauties are made with herbed olive oil, zucchini ribbons, and loads of our sweet, nutty Le Gruyère AOP.
- For the Herb Oil:
- 2 cups packed soft herbs (mix of parsley, basil, chives, dill, and/or tarragon)
- Zest and juice of 1 small lemon
- 2 medium garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- For the Sandwiches:
- 1 (5-6 oz) block Emmi Le Gruyère AOP, shredded
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced into ribbons with a vegetable peeler
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 2 Tablespoons plain mayonnaise or soft butter
- Combine the herbs, lemon zest and juice, garlic, salt, and olive oil in a small blender or food processor and blend until fairly smooth. Refrigerate until needed, up to 2 days.
- In a large bowl, toss the zucchini ribbons with the salt and let sit to soften, 10 minutes. Blot dry with paper towels to remove excess salt.
- Spread the outside of the bread slices with mayo or butter. Spread the inside of the slices with some of the herb oil. On one piece of bread, sprinkle a layer of Gruyère cheese, top with zucchini ribbons, more Gruyère cheese, and the other piece of bread. Toast in a wide skillet over medium-low heat until golden. Flip and cook on the second side until golden and the cheese is melted.