Turn your leftover stuffing into a cheesy brunch treat with these Gruyère Stuffing Waffles. Eat them on their own or top with mashed potatoes and gravy or turkey and cranberry sauce. Can’t decide between sweet and savory brunch? Drizzle them with a little maple syrup and get the best of both worlds.
The waffle batter couldn’t be simpler. Mix cooked stuffing with shredded Emmi Le Gruyère cheese and let the waffle iron do the rest! If your stuffing seems very dry, try adding just a splash of broth or stock.
Don’t have any leftover stuffing? These crispy, cheesy Gruyère Stuffing Waffles are so good, they’re worth making another batch.
Gruyère Stuffing Waffles
These Gruyère Stuffing Waffles are a savory brunch dream come true.
- 1 1/2 cups prepared stuffing
- 1.5 ounce (1/3 cup) shredded Emmi Le Gruyère cheese
- Preheat waffle iron. In a bowl, combine stuffing and shredded Gruyère. Mix well.
- When waffle iron is ready, mound stuffing mixture in the center of the iron. Close and cook 9 minutes or until nicely browned. Gently remove from waffle iron.
- If making in batches, keep waffles warm in 200F oven until ready to serve.
- Serve hot. If desired, top waffles with mashed potatoes and gravy, turkey and cranberry sauce, or maple syrup.