Loaded Potato Raclette Nachos
These nachos are deliciously luscious without optional toppings-and even more so when they're added.
- 4 to 5 small to medium Idaho potatoes, rinsed, dried and cut into 1/8-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- Sea salt and pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Emmi Raclette Cheese
- 1 link precooked Spanish style chorizo sausage, cut into 1/8-inch slices
- Topping Options:
- Fresh or dried cilantro
- Fresh salsa or pico de gallo
- Pickled jalapeño chiles
- Red onion slices
- Sour cream
- Heat oven to 450°F.
- In large bowl, toss potato slices, olive oil, cumin, oregano and cayenne with a hefty pinch of salt and pepper until well-coated. Arrange potato slices in single layer on large baking sheet. (Use a second baking sheet, if needed. Bake 15 to 18 minutes, or until edges begin to crisp and potatoes are fork tender.
- While potatoes are roasting, place a small saucepan over low heat. Add black beans, cumin, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Simmer; keep warm.
- When potatoes finish baking, reset oven heat to broil. Place potatoes under broiler for 2 to 4 minutes, or until they're golden. Remove from oven. Arrange potato slices in a heap in the center of baking sheet. Top with shredded Emmi Raclette Cheese and return to broiler. Broil for 2 to 3 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbling.
- To serve, top potato slices with 1/2 cup black beans, sliced chorizo and toppings of your choice. *Save remainder of black beans for another occasion or add a little extra to the nachos.