Truffle Macaroni & Cheese
Need an idea for a delicious holiday side dish, or even as a main? Try this Truffle Gruyere Mac & Cheese. This dish incorporates Emmi Le Gruyère cheese, which kicks it up a notch. Cellentani Pasta, cheese, cream, truffle oil and truffle salt with a buttery sage panko topping makes the perfect dish!
- 1/2 pound Cellentani Pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 1/2 cups shredded Emmi Cheese Gruyère Cheese
- 2 tablespoons truffle oil
- 1/2-1 teaspoon salt to taste
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp truffle oil
- 1/4 tsp truffle salt
- 2 sage leaves, chopped finely
- Cracked pepper
- Boil the pasta in a large pot of water until al dente. Drain and set aside
- Preheat oven to 350. Butter a baking dish.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add the butter and flour and cook for one minute.
- Add the milk and cream and whisk until it starts to thicken. Then add the truffle oil and truffle salt and stir.
- Add in 3 cups of the cheese and mix until the cheese is melted.
- Add the pasta to a mixing bowl. Pour the cheese sauce on top and mix until all of the pasta has the cheese sauce on it. Pour it into the buttered dish. Top with 1/2 cup of gruyere cheese.
- Combine ingredients for the topping and sprinkle on top of macaroni and cheese. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until it starts to bubble and the breadcrumbs start to brown. Remove from the oven and serve.