Emmi Le Gruyère® Cheese and Pineapple Panzanella
*You can easily make your own croutons by cutting a French baguette into cubes, tossing with a little olive oil, sprinkling with salt, and toasting in a 375°F oven for about 15 minutes or until crouton edges are toasted golden brown.
- For Vinaigrette:
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Few cranks of black pepper
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- For Salad:
- 1 1/2 cups plain croutons*
- 1 cup chopped fresh pineapple
- 1 cup cubed Emmi Le Gruyère® AOP Cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/4 cup dried cherries or dried apples
- 1/2 cup seedless green grapes, halved
- 3 tablespoons minced cornichons
- 1/2 cup crushed roasted hazelnuts or walnuts, optional
- For Vinaigrette: Whisk mustard, salt, black pepper, vinegar, lemon juice and water until well blended. Slowly add canola oil, followed by olive oil, constantly whisking.
- For Salad: In a large bowl, toss croutons with vinaigrette. Add pineapple and remaining salad ingredients. Toss and serve.