Five-Ingredient Gruyére Tarts
Wow guests while saving time this holiday season, with these super easy-to-make Gruyére tarts!
- 2 sheets puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, whisked
- 3 to 4 tablespoons cherry or cranberry jam
- 2 ounces Emmi Gruyére cheese, cut into 1/4- to 1/3-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Unfold puff pastry sheets and place on a lightly floured surface to prevent sticking. Using a circle pastry cutter or glass, cut circles approximately 1-1/2 to 2 inches in diameter from the dough for a total of 28 to 32 circles.
- Place half the circles on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Using your thumb, press into the center of each circle to create an indentation for the filling. Brush the edges of each circle with egg wash.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon jam, 1 cube of Gruyére and a pinch of rosemary to each circle. Top each tart with a second circle, crimping the edges with a fork to ensure they're well-sealed. Brush tops with egg wash, and place into the oven for 12 to 14 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from the oven, and garnish with extra rosemary, if desired.