Tarte Flambée Pizza
- 1 pound pizza dough, divided in two
- 1 cup sliced Yukon gold potatoes soaked in cold water; drained and dried
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons plus 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 leek, white part only, cleaned and sliced thin
- 1 onion, sliced thin
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced thin
- pinch sugar
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 sprig of fresh thyme, leaves only
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup Emmi Emmentaler cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Emmi Le Gruyère® AOP, shredded
- 1/4 cup cooked bacon pieces (optional)
- 1/2 cup creme fraiche
- 1/4 cup scallions or chives, minced
- 1 teaspoon Maldon salt
- Divide pizza dough in two and set aside on floured surface.
- Slice potatoes and soak in cold water. Drain and dry before adding to pizza.
- In a sauté pan, melt butter with 3 tablespoons oil over medium heat. Add the onions and leeks and reduce heat to low. Soften the leek and onion and add the garlic. Add pinch of sugar, the Kosher salt and thyme; cook additional 20 minutes on low heat. Add the water and mustard and thyme and increase heat to medium to continue to cook and dehydrate all the water. Set aside to cool and add a little black pepper.
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- To make pizzas: Roll out each pizza dough and spread onion-leek mixture on each pizza. Divide potatoes evenly over the onion/leek mixture. Sprinkle with a little Kosher salt and a drizzle of olive oil. Cover with the shredded cheeses. Bake until dough is done, about 10-15 minutes. Finish with optional bacon, creme fraiche and scallion or chives. Drizzle olive oil over and finish with a little Maldon salt.
NOTE: The pizzas can also be prepared as grilled flatbreads. Roll out each pizza dough and grill on both sides and finish just like baking pizza and then broil and finish with the creme fraiche and scallion or chives and a drizzle of oil and sprinkle with Maldon salt.