Bacon, Gruyère, Lettuce and Tomato Sandwich
It's a BGLT, and the G is for Gruyère. This recipe has the melted cheesy goodness of a grilled cheese, the crunchy freshness of a BLT and the wow factor of a club in one perfect sandwich.
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Emmi Le Gruyère cheese
- 3 slices white sandwich bread
- 4-6 slices of bacon, cooked
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 2-4 leaves of romaine lettuce
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- In a toaster oven or toaster, lightly toast bread. Divide cheese and sprinkle over 2 pieces of toast, return to the toaster oven to melt cheese. Alternatively, place under the broiler for 30-60 seconds.
- Place one piece of toast, melted cheese side up. Top with half the bacon, tomato slices and lettuce. Spread mayonnaise onto both sides of the plain piece of toast and place on sandwich. Top with remaining tomato slices, bacon, lettuce and the last piece of toast, melted cheese side down. Cut in half and serve immediately.