Butternut Squash Gruyère Lasagna
The perfect dish to make on a cozy fall night. Emmi Le Gruyère, butternut squash, and spinach come together for a deliciously cheesy fall lasagna. Adapted from a recipe by Julia's Album.
- 1 1/2 cups butternut squash puree (roasted or if you don’t have time to roast, a can of butternut squash puree will work)
- 10 oz lasagna noodles, par-cooked for 4 minutes, rinsed with cold water after boiling
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 1/2 cups Emmi Le Gruyère
- 8 oz fresh spinach
- ½ cup milk
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- pinch of cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Butternut Squash Filling: Mix 1 1/2 cups butternut squash puree, 1 cup ricotta cheese, 1/2 cup milk, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, and a pinch of cinnamon together very well, until smooth.
- Spinach Filling: In a skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat, then add spinach, garlic, and salt. Cook until spinach is wilted. Remove from heat and put spinach into a bowl and let cool for 10 minutes. Add 1 cup ricotta cheese, 1/2 cup shredded Emmi Gruyère cheese, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper to bowl. Stir until combined.
- Prepare a baking dish or casserole pan, about 11 inches x 8.5 inches x 3 inches deep. Grease the lasagna dish lightly with olive oil spray. Spread half of butternut squash filling on the bottom of the dish. Sprinkle lightly with Gruyère. Top with cooked lasagna noodles without overlapping.
- Spread half of spinach filling over the noodles. Top lightly with Gruyère. Top with cooked noodles. Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning over noodles.
- Spread another layer of the remaining half of butternut squash mixture, then sprinkle lightly with Gruyère. Top with cooked noodles.
- Spread the remaining half of spinach filling over the noodles. Top lightly with Gruyère. Top with the final layer of cooked noodles. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning over noodles.