Chocolate Gouda Bark
Our Kaltbach cave-aged Gouda has a nutty caramel flavor that pairs wonderfully with chocolate. Topped with pieces of chocolate peanut butter cups, smoked almonds and caramel corn, this DIY Chocolate Gouda Bark is the ultimate combination. It makes a major impact as part of a dessert cheese board or served on its own as the perfect salty sweet bite to finish a meal.
- 10 ounces Kaltbach Gouda AOP cheese
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate peanut butter cups
- 1/2 cup caramel corn
- 2 tablespoons smoked salted almonds
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup (6 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- 4 ounces dark chocolate (optional)
- Line a rimmed sheet pan with parchment paper. Place wire baking rack on top and grease with cooking spray; set aside.
- Cut rind from Gouda and slice into 1/4-inch triangles. Roughly chop mini peanut butter cups. Refrigerate sliced Gouda and chopped peanut butter cups while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Finely chop caramel corn and smoked almonds; set aside.
- Combine semi-sweet and milk chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat in 30-second increments, stirring after each, until chocolate is melted.
- Prepare a workspace with sliced Gouda, chopped peanut butter cups, caramel corn, smoked almonds, melted chocolate, prepared sheet pan and a rubber spatula.
- Working quickly, dip the wide end of each Gouda slice in the chocolate leaving 1/3 uncovered. Use the spatula to help spread chocolate onto each side. Carefully place on wire rack. Top with chopped peanut butter cups, caramel corn and smoked almonds. Set aside or refrigerate until chocolate is set.
- If desired, melt dark chocolate and use a spoon to drizzle over the dipped chocolate and toppings. Allow to set and chill, covered, until ready to serve.
- If you have extra melted chocolate and toppings, you can make additional chocolate bark to be served alongside cheese. Spread the melted chocolate onto the parchment paper and sprinkle with toppings. Chill until set; then break apart into pieces.