Fondue Mac & Cheese with Spinach and Crispy Prosciutto
Fondue mac & cheese on a weeknight is quick and simple with a one-ingredient sauce of Emmi ready-to-serve Fondü. Add in spinach and salty prosciutto for an easy upgrade.
- 1 pound pasta
- 4 slices prosciutto
- 2 cups fresh spinach, washed
- 1 14-ounce package Emmi Fondü
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions for al dente.
- As pasta cooks, prepare the crispy prosciutto. Place strips in a single layer between sheets of paper towels. Microwave for 30 seconds. Remove from microwave, discard paper towels and allow to cool completely. Once cool, break crispy prosciutto into small pieces.
- Strain pasta and return to pot over low heat. Add 1 tablespoon butter and mix to incorporate. Add Emmi Fondü and gently mix until mixture is melted and coats the pasta. Stir in nutmeg and spinach. Serve immediately topped with crispy prosciutto bits.