Fondue Mac with Crispy Kale Breadcrumbs
Treat yourself to a decadent batch of mac and cheese with a one-ingredient sauce thanks to Emmi ready-to-serve Fondü. Top it with crispy kale breadcrumbs made with garlic and Emmi Le Gruyère cheese.
- 1/2 bunch kale
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (fresh or panko preferred)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) Emmi Le Gruyère cheese, shredded
- 1 pound pasta
- 1 14-ounce package Emmi Fondü
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Heat oven to 350F. Remove kale leaves from ribs and tear into 2-inch pieces. Place kale pieces in a bowl and add olive oil and a pinch of salt. Massage oil into leaves. Spread kale onto a baking sheet in an even layer. Bake 12 minutes, or until crisp. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter in skillet over medium-low heat. Add breadcrumbs and a pinch of salt. Cook, stirring often, until breadcrumbs are toasted (about 5 minutes). Add chopped garlic and cook 1 minute more. Transfer to bowl and allow to cool. Mix in shredded Gruyère and season with black pepper. Gently crumble baked kale pieces and fold into breadcrumb mixture. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions for al dente.
- Strain pasta and return to pot over low heat. Add 1 tablespoon butter and mix to incorporate. Add Emmi Fondü and gently mix until mixture is melted and coats the pasta. Stir in nutmeg. Serve immediately topped with kale breadcrumbs.