Gouda and Pear Salad Crostini
These simple crostini will add brightness, color and perfectly paired bites to your appetizer spread. Nutty Kaltbach Gouda accentuates sweet pears and peppery arugula in an easy lemon vinaigrette.
- 1 baguette
- 2 tablespoons, plus 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Champagne vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 pear
- 4 cups baby arugula
- 5 ounces Kaltbach Gouda AOP cheese
- Black pepper
- Heat oven to 350F.
- Slice baguette and place slices on rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with about 2 tablespoons olive oil. Bake 10-15 minutes, until lightly browned and toasted. Remove from oven, sprinkle with sea salt and set aside.
- In small bowl, combine lemon juice, vinegar, honey and 1/2 teaspoon sea salt. Whisk in 1/4 cup olive oil.
- Quarter pear and remove core. Slice into thin pieces.
- Place arugula in large bowl. Add enough dressing to lightly coat. Gently mix in pear slices.
- Arrange toasted baguette slices on serving board. Top each with arugula and pear salad. Using a cheese slicer or vegetable peeler, shave generous pieces of Gouda over each crostini bite. Finish with freshly ground black pepper. Serve immediately.