Leek and Gruyère Cream Cheese
Serve this easy, savory cream cheese as part of a festive brunch spread or your weekday morning bagel. With Emmi Le Gruyère cheese and sautéed leeks, it's perfect any meal of the day.
- 2 leeks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Black pepper
- 12 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups (5-6 ounces) Emmi Le Gruyère cheese, shredded
- Fresh chives (optional)
- Wash leeks thoroughly. Thinly slice light green and white sections; discard dark green leaves. (If leeks need additional washing, soak slices in a bowl of cold water and agitate with your fingers to remove any bits of dirt. Remove from water.)
- Heat oil in heavy-bottomed skillet or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add leeks and season with salt and pepper. Cook about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until leeks are softened and lightly browned. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the cream cheese, shredded Gruyère and leek mixture. Mix well to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed. Serve with bagels, bagel chips, smoked salmon or crudités. Garnish with chopped chives if desired.