Skip to content
Warm Zucchini Salad
By Savory Simple
- 3 tablespoons high quality extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds (sliced almonds may be substituted)
- 3 medium zucchini, cut into matchsticks
- 3-4 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice (approximately 2 lemons)
- 1/4 cup chopped, flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 5 ounces Emmi Kaltbach™ Le Gruyère® AOP Cheese
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat until shimmery. Add the almonds and cook, swirling the pan, until they turn golden brown and fragrant, approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Add the zucchini to the pan, tossing to coat with the oil and almonds. Cook for approximately 1 minute, stirring frequently, until the zucchini is just warmed through and crisp-tender.
- Transfer the ingredients to a large bowl and toss with 3 tablespoons lemon juice, parsley, salt and pepper. Taste; add more lemon juice, salt and pepper if desired.
- Divide among 4 serving plates and top generously with shaved Gruyère. Serve immediately.