Zucchini and Le Gruyère® Bread
By Award-winning chef Elizabeth Falkner
- 6 tablespoons butter (3 ounces), room temperature, plus additional for loaf pan
- 1 ounce (about 2 tablespoons) olive oil
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel pollen
- 4 ounces plain Greek yogurt or lebne (Turkish style yogurt)
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated Emmi Le Gruyère® AOP Cheese
- Heat oven to 350°F. Butter a 4" x 8" loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, cream butter, olive oil, and sugar. Add eggs one at a time, blending after each. Begin folding in flour, baking powder, salt, zest, nutmeg and fennel pollen. Add yogurt or lebne and continue gently folding a few more times. Add grated zucchini and Le Gruyère® cheese; continue folding until evenly distributed and smooth.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan. Bake 35-40 minutes or just until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the top of the bread. Serve warm.