Kaltbach™ Le Gruyère® Chicken Skillet
This melty, Gruyére-topped skillet chicken is perfectly warm and comforting for fall nights. The addition of Kaltbach™ Le Gruyère® AOP Cheese gives the chicken a crispy, irresistible crust while leeks, mushrooms and beans help round out the dish. A loaf of bread is ideal for soaking up all the last bits of this homey, one-pan dinner.
- 1/2 cup (about 4 ounces) diced pancetta
- 2 pounds skin-on chicken thighs (about 4 large or 6 small thighs)
- 1 cup sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1 leek, trimmed and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (5 ounce) package Kaltbach™ Le Gruyère® AOP CheeseKaltbach Le Gruyére cheese, shredded
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
- Sliced baguette bread, for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In an oven-safe cast iron or large sauté pan, cook pancetta over medium-low heat for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Pancetta should be light golden brown and the fat will have rendered from the meat. Remove pancetta with a slotted spoon and place on a paper towel, leaving the fat in the pan.
- Increase heat to medium-high, and place chicken thighs into the pan. Sear each side for 3 to 4 minutes until golden brown but not cooked through. Remove chicken from the pan and set aside on a plate.
- Reduce heat back to medium-low. Add mushrooms, leek and garlic to the pan with remaining pancetta fat. Sauté 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables have softened. Deglaze the pan by adding white wine and scraping the bottom of the pan to get all the browned bits. Add stock, reserved pancetta and beans, stirring to combine. Place chicken thighs back into the pan, and place pan into the oven.
- Bake 25 minutes until chicken thighs are golden and crispy. Remove pan from the oven, and sprinkle Gruyére cheese atop chicken. Return to the oven, switching oven setting to broil. Broil 3 to 5 minutes or until cheese is bubbling and golden.
- To serve, divide chicken into bowls and serve with equal amount of mushroom-bean mixture. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and top with fresh parsley, if desired. Serve with bread for dipping, optional.