This simple recipe relies on premium ingredients including Raclette and thick-cut bacon for its sublimely comforting flavor.
- 2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 large shallot, sliced
- 8 ounces thick-cut bacon, sliced into 1/4-inch strips
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Salt and black pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Emmi Raclette Cheese
- Cornichon pickles, optional
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Place potatoes in large pot; cover with cold water. Bring to boil over high heat; cook 10 minutes. Remove from heat; set aside.
- Cook shallots and bacon in a skillet over medium heat until bacon is crisp and shallots are softened, about 8 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and return to pot. Pour bacon and shallots (with bacon grease) over potatoes. Add sour cream and cheese and gently mix. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Transfer mixture to 1 1/2 quart casserole dish. Bake 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and slightly browned and potatoes are fork tender.
- Serve with cornichons.