The Spicy Cheese Spread
By Award-winning chef Elizabeth Falkner
- 10 ounces Emmi Le Gruyère® AOP Cheese or Emmi Appenzeller® Cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons hot prepared horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon habanero chile, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons cider or white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons bourbon
- 1/2 cup canola or sunflower oil
- Grate Emmi cheese with a box grater using the large hole. Set aside.
- Coddle egg by placing it in boiling water 30 seconds. Crack into bowl. Add remaining ingredients except canola oil and reserved cheese to egg. Whisk. Slowly add oil, continuing to whisk until it is mixed in. Stir in grated cheese.
- Serve spread with crackers, crostini or celery.